Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, September 12, 2016

WINNERS - Challenge #16 - Shabby Garden Mood Board

Hello, everyone!! Lisa here and I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you who participated in our Shabby Garden Mood Board Challenge!! It made me so happy and inspired to see all of the creative and amazing projects you designed!! Wow, I had the hardest time narrowing it down to select winners!! I truly wish I could pick each of you...that's how fabulous all of your projects were!! But in the end, I decided on:


I fell in love with Samra's romantic, dreamy card full of gorgeous texture and shabby beauty!! It's exactly the kind of project I imagined when I chose pictures for the mood board!! The stenciled background provides the perfect base for the beautiful handmade flowers climbing up the garden trellis adorned with pearls!! The two-toned, hand-dyed ribbon is such a beautiful touch!! Stunning interpretation of the shabby garden challenge!!

Congratulations Samra! Pamellia will be in touch by email to send you a personalized winner's badge and to provide details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.




RUNNER-UP - #5 Zubmomi

I could spend hours staring at Zub's amazing mixed media tag!! What phenomenal texture!! The colors she achieved with glimmer mist and ink sprays are so gorgeous!! The flowers, the pearls, the micro beads...everything blends together perfectly!! It's positively shabb-tastic!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's have a look at our DT favourites:




Anne's Favourite - #10 Paper Profusion

Nicola's card is delightful, there is so much to look at - the stencilling, the dies, the beautiful clay birdhouse and birds, the curled corners with wonderful little elements hidden under them, all pieced together to create the most wonderful garden scene!

Autumn's Favouritegibonik

This amazing and romantic altered bird house just screams shabby garden to me!  I love the sweet text inside of the heart window and gorgeous crackle on this pair of birds.  All of the layers (especially the lace "roof") are in perfect harmony.

Branka's Favourite#25 - Paper Talk With Samra

I am totally blown away by Samra's elegant and absolutely beautiful interpratation of Lisa's gorgeous mood board! I adore those neutral tones, stunning handmade flowers, amazing stenciled background and that fabulous two toned ribbon! It's a real shabby stunner!


Niki's Favourite - #12 Marlei
This little gem caught my attention with the drywall tape that you can actually see and those little signs! Such wonderful layers and the blues with the whites are beautiful. I could sit on that garden bench for hours and listen to the sounds in the garden. Awesome sauce design!


Sara Emily's Favourite#27-Joi "Enter in Peace"

I really loved looking at Joi's beautiful backdoor garden for it's beauty, but it also gave me such a sense of peacefulness, too! Don't you just want to step in and enjoy what lies within? Maybe some warm cookies fresh from the oven? I adore Joi's cracked wall, fence and cobbled path, the patina on the door, and her hand painted flowers are lovely, too!. She even shares her process on her blog, so be sure to stop over see her lovely artwork in detail.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honourable Mentions:


4. Beatriz            6. Paper Puddle             9. Jana K.          26. Wieczna Jesień

      

A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Branka's current challenge FRIENDSHIP! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the Winner, Runner Up, Favorites and Honorable Mentions! You all did an amazing job, and I love your takes on Lisa's Shabby Garden Mood Board! As always, it was so difficult to choose from such a tremendous group of talented works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Lisa for selecting my card as a winner of your gorgeous mood board challenge! Thank you Branka for picking my card as your favorite! Congratulations to all favorites and honorable mentions. With so little time to spare lately I was happy to be able to support Lisa's gorgeous challenge :)
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh:)))))) thank you soooo much for honourable mention and hugs for Autumn for liking my bird house:) this means a lot to me!!!!:*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all who participated in this challenge and deservedly won the preference of DTs, really beautiful work!
    Thank you, Niki, for choosing my design as their favorite, made me extremely happy! It is great incentive to always get the best of me!
    Thank you ABC for stimulating challenges and always inspiring projects!
    My best wishes to all of you!
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lisa for the inspiring mood board and Sara for imagining a visit to my back door where there are always cookies! CONGRATULATIONS to all not only the winners but to everyone who submitted such incredibly lovely garden projects.j.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Samra and all the other winners for their super makes. Thank-you dear Anne for choosing my card as your favourite. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear DT thank you so much for honourable mention. This was my first mixed media canvas ;))
    Have a nice and creative day, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the honorable mention, how fun is that? I'm new to blogging and pretty new to mixed media as well, so that makes it extra special! BTW, I'm not sure how to "grab a badge."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I visited your blog, and I see you have figured out how to grab our badge Great to see it in your sidebar! Hugs! Sara Emily

      Delete
  9. Thank you soooooo much!!! I am really excited. Congratulations everyone 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh,thank you for this honorable mention !!!...I feel very honored !!
    My congratulations to the winner and the other girls !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It tickled me pink to see all these wonderful comments! You all deserve to be winners in my book, and we are so happy you and all of our followers take the time to create these wonderful projects and share them here! Hugs from the DT!

    ReplyDelete